BAPCO 2020 call for papers emphasises current challenges and impact of future technology
Thursday, August 22, 2019
The call for papers has been published for the 2020 BAPCO Conference and Exhibition. Deadline for submission is Friday 4th October 2019.
More information here.
As in previous years, the show promises to provide visitors with cutting-edge content relating to every aspect of public safety communications. With that in mind, the emphasis in 2020 is very much on new and future technology, and what opportunities – and challenges – this will bring to the sector.
A spokesperson said: “The BAPCO show has established itself as the leading, must-attend, event in the UK for the public safety communications sector." This is your chance to be involved.
“In our call for papers we are looking for ideas and innovations to help those on the frontline better protect the public, while at the same time helping to keep themselves safe. We are also asking for case studies, as well as updates on current initiatives and ways of working.”
Topic titles for 2020 include:
- The future of public safety and its technology – the long view.
- Working with commercial partners – is it always about profit?
- How are other countries and communities delivering public safety communications, and what can we learn from each other?
- Mental health issues and care in public safety communications.
- ESN – what are we going to do with it?
- AI/machine learning – what solutions will it provide for public safety?
- The Internet of Public Safety Things, one year on from BAPCO 2019.
- AR and VR in public safety communications and technology.
- 5G, and the risks of falling behind the curve.
- Drones – what are the public safety uses and benefits?
- What new skills do we need in public safety communications and IT?
- Cyber security – what steps should we be taking in an increasingly connected age?
- Smart devices in the home – help or hinderance?
- Business change and challenge from new technology and new solutions.
BAPCO 2020 will take place at the Ricoh Arena in Coventry, from the 10th - 11th March next year.
Editor, Critical Communications Portfolio
Tel: +44 (0)20 3874 9216